Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on Libby

Our Daughter Elizabeth Fay Weinantz is doing great! She is really fitting it quite well at home, is the princess of this house no doubt. The boys and Mark cater to her every whim. She is s down to taking a bottle only at nap time and bedtime. I still have her eating the cereal in the baby jar because the regular oatmeal has to much texture and she won''t eat it. The baby cereal, she gobbles down, so I feed it to her just before bedtime, it seems to make her sleep better. Other than the cereal she eats anything we do. She also love apple juice(half water) in her sipper cup. She is also drinking whole milk.

She is no longer afraid of Snuffy, I think that Snuffy is afraid of her, but all in all they are tolerating each other. She likes attention from others, but is not ready to be held yet. She screams in the store and waves to get attention.

Libby weights 22 pounds and is wearing size 18 months perfectly. She love shoes and clothes, and prances around when, I put them on her. She has a temper and when things aren't going her way she soon lets you know. She loves books and will set for a very long time and let you read them to her. She plays with her dolls alot, her favorite ones are Dora's baby brother and sister twins, she kisses them over and over and sometimes throws them at the dog. We have no language barrier, as she makes clear what she wants, and if I say something, she is like a parrot, she usually repeats it back.

I am enjoying my time with her, we don't get much done around the house, but we are having fun, playing and hugging and napping together. I wish it would never end.

Mark and I since we first were married have wanted to adopted a child and give them a childhood like we had (Mark and I were both adopted), finally our dream has come true, thanks to God! Now we have the child of our dreams.......Libby........

2 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh! She sounds like she is doing great! That is exactly how Chloe fell into our family. Just like she had always been with us. I think Mirna is a big part of preparing them for us. I still think our girls favor. God Bless! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Anna...Im waiting for your camera!!! I want pics!!! lol