Monday, August 4, 2008

Libby's First Night

We had a rough first night. She didn't want to have anything to do with a bath, but I decided that I needed to start the routines, so that she would feel more secure, every child feel more sure when they know what is going to happen next. Then it was time for bed. Well, she laid down for awhile and then the tears started flowing. She said a lot of things all I could make out was "MA MA". I had to cry with her cause I felt bad for her. I took her down to the baby room, and we just cried together as I held her tight, she feel asleep about 1o minutes later. I took her back to the room, she would sleep awhile and then make a shrill cry I would hug her and she would go back to sleep, this continued all night. She slept till 5:30 and then cry I picked her up and she immediately stopped.

She only came with her bottle, which was a mixture of honey, milk and some cereal in it. Since I have no idea how they make it, I gave her some Next step formula for toddlers. She just finished drinking 8 0z of this. I want to get her off the bottle as soon as possible, I brought all kinds of sippy cups with me, but she will have no part of that, I will continue introducing different juices in that hopefully she will take to the sippy cup soon.

Well, I will post later today about Libby. Addison is hungry and you know teenage boys they have to eat. So I have got to get Libby and I ready.

Love, Addison and Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Anna! Poor little LIbby! Sounds like the foster mom loved her to pieces and that's good! Keep lovin on her like you are and she will be better in no time.
Lots of hugs to you guys!
Terri